Rotary International District 5580 - to - Rotary International District 2760

.

Share our Excitement & Join our Journey

Welcome to the travel blog of Rotary District 5580's Group Study Exchange (GSE) Team which will embark on an exciting five week goodwill / vocational exchange to Nagoya, Japan in November, 2009.

Here, our hybrid American-Canadian team of enthusiastic and adventurous young professionals, along with our lovely, talented and fearless team leader, will share cultural experiences and engage in unique vocational learning opportunities.

If you have come to this site, you are likely: a Rotarian, family member, friend or colleague of one of the team members, or... are just plain blog-curious. Either way, we encourage you to check our site often to learn about us, follow our progress as a team and of course, keep in touch as we explore Japan.

We thank Rotary in advance for the adventure of a life time and to all readers, we invite you to share our excitement and join our journey.

Sincerely,

GSE Team Japan 2009

________________________

GSEのホストの皆様へ、

私どものチームブログへようこそ。

チームリーダーのイボンヌ、そしてチームのメンバーの、ローズィー、レベッカ、ベン、ジュリーです。

この度の交換留学という機会に恵まれましたこと、先より御礼を申し上げます。

この留学におきまして私どもは大変な感激、また皆様に会って学ばせて頂くことをまちどおしく思っております。

短文ではございますがご挨拶まで。

GSEチーム ジャパン 2009

Thursday, November 19, 2009

"Cho Subarashi" (i.e. excellent, great, fantastic) (by Julie)

Today concluded our third homestay with our host families. For the last three nights, I had the sincere pleasure of staying with the Tejima family. I knew the Tejimas and I would get along just great when I arrived at their home to find a canister full of chocolate and cookies waiting for me. In the time I was there, I was treated to excellent meals (last night I dined at a real sushi bar) and a tour of the Temple of Kyoko's family. The Tejimas also helped me expand my Japanese vocabulary, which I've decided is most appropriately referred to as Julie's Japenglish. Thank you Tejimas for your hospitality and generosity. I will practice all my new words (ta-dae-ma, go-che-so-summa, and my all time favourite - ei-yo "no problem").

No comments:

Post a Comment